1. Braised chicken with star anise
Braised chicken is a familiar dish in every meal of the Vietnamese family. To help the dish has a special and unique taste, star anise is an indispensable spice.
– Star anise: 8 – 10 flowers
– Chicken: 500g
– Shallots: 2 bulbs
– Garlic: 5 branches
– Scallions: 1 branch
– Spices: fish sauce, sugar, seasoning, pepper, cooking oil, salt.
– Wash and mince onion, garlic.
– Clean and cut scallions.
– Wash chicken, rub a little salt on the skin to reduce fishy as well as make the skin of the chicken whiter, then chop the chicken into pieces. Marinate chicken with minced onion and garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, leave the chicken for about 5 minutes to infuse spices.
– Put a little oil in the pan, wait for the oil to boil, then put the chicken in and fry.
– Add 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. Then add finely chopped garlic onion with star anise.
– Next, add the fragrant fried chicken, about 150ml of hot water, 1 teaspoon of coffee, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce. Cover the pot, turn down the heat, heat until the water is almost empty, add the scallions and 1 teaspoon of pepper, continue to simmer for about 1 minute and then cook.
Serve the dish on a plate and serve with white rice. The aromatic, sweet taste combined with the sweet scent of star anise makes you feel the unique flavor.
2. Stewed pork stomach with star anise
Pork stomach is a raw material that can be processed a lot of dishes such as boiled, steamed, stewed, etc. Star anise helps the dish have a strong but not spicy aroma, sweet and warm. Here are instructions you can follow to prepare this delicious dish:
– 600g of stomach
– 2 star anise flowers
– Pepper, fish sauce, soup powder
– Squeeze a half of lemon and a pinch of salt into the pork stomach, clean gently. Then wash, insert star anise and pepper into the pork stomach.
– Add the soup powder and oyster sauce and squeeze gently to infuse spices, then add 1 teaspoon of fish sauce inwards, put the pork stomach into the pan and marinate it for about 30 minutes.
– After marinating, pour water and boil it until the stomach is cooked. Flip the stomach occasionally.
– After the stomach is cooked, use a knife or scissors to cut into small pieces and display them in a large bowl. If you want to eat spicily, a little chili could be added.
3. Beef with wine sauce and star anise
Beef with wine sauce is one of the indispensable dishes in most restaurants, but making this dish is not difficult. We will introduce you how to make beef with wine sauce with star anise flavor – an extremely delicious and nutritious dish that you will not regret to try cooking.
-500g beef and beef tendon
– 2 ripe tomatoes
– 20ml white wine
– 5 star anise
– 2 dried onions, 5 cloves of garlic, 1 clove of ginger, onion, carrots.
– Spices: Seasoning powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, pepper, cashew oil, cardamom.
– Wash and slice beef. Then marinate beef with the spices mentioned in the preparation list.
– Wash tomatoes, onions, carrots and slice them into small and medium-size pieces.
– Star anise washed, drained.
-Clean and chop onion, garlic, ginger.
– Stir the tomatoes with oil, then add the beef to stir, add a little water, boil, turn down the heat. Stew until the meat is almost tender, add carrots, star anise and onions. Continue cooking until the meat is tender.
– Put the dish in a bowl, eat it with white rice or bread.